Payzone Bill Payments, a subsidiary of Post Office, specialise in providing bill payment services to independent retailers, allowing customers to pay bills, purchase tickets, top-up their electricity and gas meters, play the health lottery, pay for bridge crossings tolls, amongst many others. The Payzone Bill Payments office is based in Northwich, Cheshire, which is easily accessible from the M6 and M56, as well as being easily accessible from Manchester and Crewe train lines.
Here are our current vacancies:
Purpose of role:
In this role, you will be an excellent communicator with an empathy and understanding of business challenges and requirements, with a passion for clear documentation and stakeholder interaction. You will be fully responsible in the IT function for soliciting the business requirements using industry techniques to ensure the IT deliverables are inline the business expectations.
The primary focus of the role will be to lead on all documentation during the analysis phase of the project and ensuring delivery of these during development. You will be responsible for documenting requirements, process flows (As-is and To-Be), facilitating stakeholder workshops, ensuring stakeholder sign off and maintaining a clear scope of delivery.
It is also of vital importance to be able to work cross organisationally and with third party suppliers to ensure requirements are captured across the group, therefore it is a key requirement the individual is proactive and excels working part of a bigger team.
- Acting as the conduit between IT development, Business Stakeholders and Clients.
- Clearly defining project scope and deliverables.
- Use industry and innovate techniques to ensure stakeholder engagement.
- Fully accountable for project documentation throughout the project lifecycle.
- Be a keen process thinker, documenting current process state against desired To-Be processes for any given project or programme.
- Produce consistent documentation standards across the department for requirements gathering and sign off.
- Engage and lead on all requirements capture deliverables across the project portfolio.
- Work with the technical team to ensure that the business needs are identified, understood and delivered as part of the final product.
- Ability to translate business needs /issues, into detailed requirements.
Skills & Behaviours:
- Proven experience as a Business Analyst.
- Previous experience of stakeholder management at a variety of levels in the organisation.
- Understanding of key Business Analyst principles.
- Proven experience in providing clear and concise Business Requirements Documentation.
- Understanding of software development.
- Familiarity with various operating systems (e.g. Windows, UNIX) and databases (e.g. postgress).
- Understanding of cloud technologies (AWS, Azure).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- Working in an agile environment.
- Ability to work well with a variety of teams both internally and externally.
- Approachable and trustworthy persona, instilling confidence into business customers.
- Can-do attitude with pragmatic approach.
- High levels of personal motivation and ability to motivate others both internally and externally.
- Ability to perform and deliver within internal and external cross functional/virtual teams.
- Determination to own performance and take action to deliver results.
- Proven interpersonal and problem-solving.
- Computing degree, ISEB Business analysis accreditation.
Project Manager (12-month fixed term)
Purpose of role:
We are looking for a Project Manager to join the team, reporting to the Head of Business Projects with primary responsibility for planning and delivering projects from initiation to closure, against agreed requirements, working closely with technology teams and business areas, for both internal and external customers.
- Working closely with internal and external customers at an operational level to understand and document business requirements and utilising other documents to support the project methodologies.
- Working with IT and the business to determine project costs, resource allocation and schedule for delivery.
- Working closely with the technical team, to ensure that agreed software solutions are understood, developed, tested and released, within the agreed timescales and to the quality expected.
- Develop effective working relationship with the business and IT teams.
- Working closely with the business and IT Teams, to compile project plans with weekly updates or as appropriate, utilising suitable software (MS Project, Jira, Excel).
- Identification, documentation and management of risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies.
- Provide weekly updates to key stakeholders.
- To undertake any reasonable request as directed by your line manager.
- A record of successful project process change implementation.
- Track record of delivering projects on schedule and on budget.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with internal clients and external clients.
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to work across all areas of the business.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Project, Visio, Excel.
- Knowledge of both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Setting up, facilitating and documenting outputs of meetings as required.
- Working well as part of a team within Payzone and across the wider organisation.
- Pro-active and the ability to work without supervision.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills (meticulous with regard to documentation).
- Preferred finance background studying towards a finance qualification CIMA or ACCA.
- Analytical mindset.
- Desire to learn new skills.
- Self-motivated individual who can work well within a team, as well as independently.